The ONLY book on the Temple with clear plastic overlays and 150 color illustrations, diagrams, and charts!
In the late afternoon sunlight, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is one of
the most breathtaking places in the world. This was the site of
Solomon's great Temple, a "house of prayer for all people" - the center
of worship and celebration.
This full-color book provides a complete easy-to-understand overview of
the history of the Temple in Jerusalem. People who enjoy studying God's
Word will love the fact that Rose Guide to the Temple answers
many questions about how the Temple looked during biblical times. Bible
scholars and professors will enjoy the well-annotated text. The author
is archaeologist and professor Dr. Randall Price, who has spent more
than 30 years exploring the Holy Land and studying the Temple.
This book has more than 100 images, charts, diagrams, photos, and
illustrations, many of which have never published before. It covers the
span of time from Abraham to modern day, including:
- Pre-Temple Sanctuaries (The Garden of Eden and the Tabernacle)
- The First Temple -Solomon's Temple, King David, King Solomon, directions for the "House of the Lord"
- The Temple Complex-The Courtyard, Brazen Altar, Molten Sea, Bronze Basins
- The Holy Place-Golden Lampstand, Table of the Bread of the Presence, Altar of Incense
- Holy of Holies-The Veil, Ark of the Covenant, Cherubim
- Eight purposes of the Temple
- Priestly duties
- Feasts of the Bible
- Destruction of the Temple
- Time line of the Temple (there are 5 detailed time lines in this book)
- The Second Temple-Zerubbabel's Temple
- The Second Temple Expanded-Herod's Temple
- The gates, porches, and courts of the Temple
- The Temple's importance at Jesus' time
- Destruction of the Second Temple by the Romans
- History of the Temple Mount during the Roman and Byzantine Periods
- Islamic Period and Dome of the Rock
- From the Crusades to the Modern Era
- Political struggle for the Temple Mount
- The Future Temple-Ezekiel's Temple
- The Temple Scroll
- The New Jerusalem
Author: Randall Price, Ph.D.
Rose Publishing, Hardcover, 143 pages.