This one-of-a-kind book will thrill Christians and non-Christians
alike, with its emphasis on ancient “sea monsters,” those fearsome and
marvelous creatures that once roamed the oceans. From the predator
Mosasaurus, called the ocean equivalent of T. Rex, to the gigantic
turtle Archelon, the beasts who glided through the planet’s oceans no
doubt were the inspiration for ancient sightings by mariners who
described fantastic encounters on the open ocean.
Wieland’s riveting text and easy descriptions are complemented by the
beautiful full-color illustrations by acclaimed artist Darrell Wiskur.
Readers will be amazed that these complex, huge beasts actually lived.
The author provides a thoroughly biblical analysis of them as well,
insisting that these “dragons of the sea” came into existence during the
creation week as outlined in Genesis.
- Amazing colorful illustrations of sea monsters that actually lived in the oceans
- Come face-to-face with giant sharks that could chomp a fishing boat in a single bite!
- See how huge these colossal creatures really were when compared to familiar objects (like school buses!)
- Learn how and where to find the fossils of these water-dwelling reptiles
- Could some of these menacing monsters still inhabit the oceans today?
Carl Wieland, PhD
Hardcover, 80 pages