This Bible is now out of print. Limited Quantities Available as of Feb. 2017.
The NIV Archaeological Study Bible sheds new light on the Bible. From the beginning of Genesis to the end of Revelation, this Study Bible is filled with informative articles and full-color photographs of places and objects that will open your eyes to the historical context of the stories you read and the people you meet in Scripture. From kings and empires to weapons of war to clay pots used for carrying water, the archaeological record surrounding God’s Word will help contextualize and inform your personal study.
The NIV Archaeological Study Bible includes the following features:
Over 90 articles contributed by ABR Director of Research, Dr. Bryant Wood.
- Over 500 insightful and accessible articles, many including full-color photographs, covering the five general categories: Archaeological Sites; Cultural and Historical Notes; Ancient Peoples, Lands and Rulers; The Reliability of the Bible; and Ancient Texts and Artifacts.
- Bottom-of-the-page study notes geared to archaeological, cultural, and historical themes and frequently cross-referenced to relevant articles.
- Charts and graphs on pertinent topics.
- Periodic quotations from the ancients, each tied to a particular article.
- Sixteen pages of full-color maps, along with an index for ease in location of the many place-names referenced in the articles and notes.
- Indexes to articles, charts, photographs and citations.
- Subject guide and Concordance.
- A glossary, cross-references to pertinent, bolded words within the articles.
- Approximately 500 4-color photographs interspersed throughout.
- Detailed book introductions that provide basic, at-a-glance information.
- Detailed charts on pertinent topics.
- In-text color maps that assist the reader in placing the action.