In order to keep the cost down, we will not be staying in luxurious hotels like many touristy tours. The reason some of the hotels were chosen was because of location, location, location! Our first two nights will be at the Lydia Hotel right next to the ancient site of Philippi. This location gives us more flexibility on our schedule for our tour. It is a family owned and run hotel gives good service and food. In Thessaloniki the Hotel Orestias Kastorias (one or two stars) is between the ancient agora and the Church of St. Demetrius and gives us good access to these, and other, locations.
Greece is famous for its cuisines. The tour will include room and half-board (breakfast and supper). Lunch will be “gyros on the run” so we can spend more time seeing the sights. In Thessaloniki we will have the opportunity to eat where the locals eat since the hotel does not serve any meals.
Our Greek guide is James Nikolopoulos. James is one of only three believing guides in Greece and is an evangelical. He knows his material and goes out of his way to accommodate the group. I had him for the Talbot study tour and he was excellent.
$3199 which includes all transportation, tours fees, and accommodations. See Trip Inclusions below for a more detailed list.
- All air transportation per itinerary
- Two free pieces of check in luggage
- Ten overnights hotel accommodation
- Nine overnights hotel accommodation on half board basis (Breakfast and dinner)
- One overnight hotel accommodation on bed only basis in Thessaloniki
- English-speaking Bible orientated guide throughout tour
- Entrance Fees to archaeological sites & museums mentioned in itinerary
- All tours and transfers by private, fully air-conditioned, latest model, deluxe motor-coaches as outlined in the itinerary
- Highway tolls
- Hotel service charges & local taxes VAT
- All tips and gratuities to local tour-guides, escorts, motor-coach drivers, hotel, cruise and restaurant staff
- Travel & Medical Health insurance
- Excess baggage
- Lunches and one breakfast
- Valid Passport for at least 6 months & visa
- All personal expenses such as phone-calls, laundry/valet service, beverages, wines, liquors, tea, coffee, mineral water, food other than the table d’hôte menu
- Porterage of luggage
- Any other items not specifically mentioned as being included
- Thessaloniki dinner and breakfast not included
Contact and Deadlines:
Johanne Cossette, Vice President, Tours; Key travel Inc;
9 Dodge St, Suite 200, Rockville, MD. 20852
Work: (646) 218-2100
Cell: (804) 678-8666
- $250.00 non refundable deposit due to secure your reservations due on August 1st.
- $1,000.00 payment due on Monday September 9th, 2013
- $1,000.00 payment due on Monday November 11th, 2013
- Balance payment due on Monday January 6th,2014.
Checks should be made out to:
Associates for Biblical Research
PO Box 144
Akron Pa 17501
- $250.00 non-refundable deposit
- November 11th 25% of the total tour amount is non-refundable
- January 06th 50% of the total tour amount is non-refundable
- February 03rd the tour is non-refundable
The pricing includes air and land package includes the tax and fuel. Tax and fuel can fluctuate until ticketing day.
The current tax and fuel surcharges are $462.79 per person.
Cost based on a minimum of 25 passengers.