Schedule for Saturday November 1, 2014
8:15am - 8:50 am Registration and book tables open. Free drinks, coffee and breakfast snacks will be made available. Each session includes a 5 minute Q&A at the end.
8:50am-9am: Intro and Prayer
Dr. Scott Stripling: Victory at Ai: The 2013-2014 Seasons at Khirbet el-Maqatir
. Time: 9am-10am Dr. Scott Stripling, Director of Excavations at Khirbet el-Maqatir, summarizes the last 19 years of excavations and then focuses on the amazing findings from the 2013-2014 seasons. This presentation examines the four major periods of occupation at the Ai: Bronze Age Amorite fortress (Ai of Joshua 7-8), Iron Age Israelite settlement from the period of the Judges, Late Hellenistic and Early Roman city (Ephraim of John 11:53-54?), and a Byzantine church and monastery.
Dr. Stripling examines the significance of two Egyptian scarabs which clarify and confirm the dates for the city of Ai; he also explores the ritual purity wave which swept through Late Second temple Judaism in the First Century B.C. and First Century A.D. Viewers will be fascinated to learn for the first time about Maqatir's abundant underground features: cisterns, silos, mikvaot, and industrial caves. It is no wonder that Khirbet el-Maqatir is now one of the largest excavations in Israel!
Dr. Bryant Wood: Digging Up The Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah
Time: 10am-11 am
Session #3: Rev. Gary Byers:
Did the Ark Rest Here? Recent Finds at Ancient Shiloh
11am -12 noon
12-12:45 LUNCH (Local restaurants are all within 1 mile or so of the church venue). You are free to bring a bagged lunch and eat in the church fellowship hall, or bring take out food back to eat.
Session #4: Rev. Gary Byers: Excavations at King David's Royal Palace
12:50 pm - 1:50 pm
Henry B. Smith Jr: Debunking New Testament "Errors"
Time 1:50 to 2:50 PM
2:50 pm Closing prayer and love offering. ABR staff remains for questions.
Book tables will remain open until about 3:15pm.
$14 per adult
Students age 13-18 invited free of charge
Group discounts for church groups of 8 or more: $12 per person.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday October 29, 2014 at 12 NOON.
Making Your Payment:
1. Pay online here on the ABR website.
2. Call the ABR Office at 800-430-0008 and pay by credit card over the phone. Office hours are M-Th 10-3, EST.
3. Registration form not yet available. Fill it out by hand, scan it, and email it to ABR@BibleArchaeology.org . Or, fill out by hand and mail to the ABR office.
4. Upon receipt of your registration, you will receive email confirmation, directions and restaurant map.
1. Local restaurants are located within 1 mile for
lunch. You are free to bring a bagged lunch and eat in the church fellowship hall, or bring take out food back to eat.
2. ABR is non-profit Christian ministry. We depend entirely on the generosity of our constituents to fulfill our mission. A love offering will be taken during this event.
3. Please pray for the success of this event!