I want you to see just a brief outline of the goals and dreams of ABR that you have turned into reality this year through your support:
- In October, ABR hosted its annual greater Philadelphia Bible Archaeology and Apologetics Conference. The Conference included presentations by ABR Director of Research, Dr. Bryant Wood, Dr. Robert Carter of Creation Ministries International, and ABR staff member, Henry Smith.
- In November, Rick Lanser presented important Noah’s Ark research at the Evangelical Theological Society meetings in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. His fascinating presentation was entitled: “Satellite Evidence of the Survival of Noah's Ark.” Rick’s research was presented under the auspices of ETS as part of the Near East Archaeological Society, and was presided over by ABR Archaeologist, Gary Byers. ABR continues its leadership role in the effort to locate Noah’s Ark!
- ABR hosted its annual banquet with Mr. Mark Cahill as our keynote speaker. ABR continues to bring together significant Christian leaders to challenge the body of Christ in the areas of apologetics, creationism, and archaeology. This year Mr. Cahill powerfully reminded us to keep our focus on eternity and to remember that our primary calling is to share the gospel with a dying world. Other speakers in recent years have included Josh McDowell, Ken Ham, the late Dr. Duane Gish, and Dr. John Morris.
- ABR conducted its 11th season of digging at Khirbet el-Maqatir in our continuing search for Joshua’s Ai. A new gate socket stone and many other significant artifacts were uncovered in our dig just concluded in Israel. The evidence continues to mount in affirming that Maqatir is a strong candidate for biblical city of Ai. As the evidence mounts, the critics loud cries in denying the conquest under Joshua are being silenced!
- ABR will be participating in the 2013 International Conference on Creationism in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. ABR continues to be a leading voice in supporting a literal Genesis, upholding the clear testimony of Scripture which affirms the days of creation, Adam and Eve as historical, and the inseparable relationship between the Genesis account of creation and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- ABR Associates: ABR added a number of new colleagues as Associates this year, expanding and deepening our ability to speak more effectively to important biblical, textual, theological, and apologetic questions that flow into ABR from all over the world. ABR continues to serve pastors, missionaries, evangelists, apologists, students and teachers, believers and non-believers.
- Our award-winning website continues to grow and expand in outreach as each month we set new records for activity on our site. We pour hundreds of hours of effort into providing one of the best free resources for believers and seekers who have questions about the Bible.
- Videography: During the past year ABR took huge steps forward in creating our own original video products, highlighting the extraordinary research of the ABR staff. We are committed to producing new videos for YouTube and social networking sites, Sunday School classes and Home School groups, that confront our post-modern generation with powerful evidence for the Bible’s reliability, answering complex questions about the Bible and the world of the Bible.
- New Staff member: Dr. Scott Stripling became the newest ABR Staff member. Scott has been serving as field supervisor for our dig at Khirbet el-Maqatir and has many years of pastoral and archaeological experience. We are thrilled to have Scott on the ABR team!
- Curriculum Project: The development of a cutting-edge biblical archaeology curriculum has been a dream and long-term strategic objective of ABR. We are pleased to say that in 2012-2013 we forged ahead with the help of gifted volunteers and our on-site videographer to begin this auspicious project. It will be years in the making, but your gifts and support have helped us begin moving forward. Strong financial support will be needed over the next 3 years as we seek to produce our first two segments of the curriculum series.
It has been such an exciting year, over-flowing with activity for the Kingdom. At times we have felt overwhelmed at the level of growth but we know the Lord is leading and He has strengthened us and brought others alongside us in the battle. We are grateful for your support, because none of this would be possible without your faithful prayers and giving. We would like to finish the year strong and there are only a few weeks left until we wrap up this fiscal year. We desperately need help to fund our curriculum project, to expand our current staff, and to produce our own print and video materials.
Here is what is needed to complete the 2012-2013 fiscal year with all our financial commitments met and to launch or expand our new projects in 2013-2014:
- To finish the 2012-2013 fiscal year with all ministry goals complete, we need to see an additional $50,000 in donations between now and June 30! Please prayerfully consider how you can help meet this need.
- Expansion of ABR staff: We need to bring several of our current part-time staff members on full-time. The cost: $75,000 to $100,000. The reality facing ABR is that we could lose valuable staff members because we cannot provide for their tangible needs to support their families.
- Production of original ABR print and video resources: Although this past year has seen significant strides forward, our Curriculum Project will need significant funding to bring this project to completion: Production costs for each video segment: $10,000
- It’s time that our website receives a much needed overhaul and upgrade in 2013. Estimated costs for the upgrade: $13,500
Would you help us finish STRONG this year and send us forth in the new fiscal year with the resources to take on these daunting but important goals and opportunities? Any gift large or small will be greatly appreciated. We thank God for your faithful prayers and sacrificial giving and we look forward to ending this year in victory!
All for Jesus,
Associates for Biblical Research
If you would like to make a donation to support the ongoing work of the ABR ministry, please visit our Donation Page.