The Winter 2014 issue of Bible and Spade begins with a dedication to ABR founder, Dr. David Livingston. ABR Executive Director Scott Lanser writes: "On November 25, 2013, a shining beacon for the cause of Christ passed into the presence of the Lord: ABR’s founder and visionary leader, Dr. David Livingston, was called home. He left behind a mighty legacy as a husband and father, a defender of truth, and a counselor and teacher with a shepherd’s heart." Everyone here at the ABR ministry is deeply indebted to David, and we will certainly miss him dearly. If it were not for David, the ministry of ABR simply would not be.
In addition to this dedication to David, Dr. Michael Grisanti surveys recent archaeological discoveries that uphold the historicty of the Scriptures. Dr. Bryant Wood surveys discoveries from the 2013 calendar year, including the 15th century BC scarab discovered at Khirbet el-Maqatir by the ABR ministry. Rev. Gary Byers uses archaeological discoveries from Tall el-Hammam Jordan to instruct us about cooking in the ancient world. And, Gordon Franz writes an excellent article about Erastus, who was, "Salt and Light in Corinth."
We trust this issue will be edifying and helpful to all who read it. Enjoy!
Gift Memberships include the following for your gift recipient:
- Four issues of our quarterly publication, Bible and Spade (View PDF Sample HERE)
- FREE copy of the cutting edge DVD Jericho Unearthed which prominently features ABR Director of Research, Dr. Bryant Wood, and his Jericho research
- Invitations to seminars and other ABR events in your area
- Priority placement on ABR Study Tours and excavation teams
- Most importantly, the satisfaction of being a team member supporting ABR's research and ministry
- Regular Price, $35 in the US. Yours for only $20!
Pick up a Gift Membership...TODAY!
Gift Subscriptions include four issues of Bible and Spade for your gift recipient.
Regular Price, $20 in the US. Yours for only $14!
Pick up a Gift Subscription...TODAY!
Look for Bible and Spade in your mailbox shortly! If you don't subscribe to Bible and Spade or are not an ABR member, we encourage you to sign up today!
Become a MEMBER!
Get a Subscription to Bible and Spade!
Already signed up? Renew your membership.
Grisanti Recent Archaeological Discoveries endnotes.pdf (113.17 kb)