Why is the dig so important? Because secularists and radical atheist groups are seeking to control the minds of people through misinformation: they want people to believe that the Bible cannot be trusted; that the events in the Bible are fiction. Our dig is a reminder of the powerful work God did in driving out the nations before Israel as He led them to a land of their own.
The issue is the Bible. It is the ultimate theological and spiritual life issue of our day! It is the fundamental issue in the church as it deals with the tsunami of post-modern philosophy; this tidal wave is tearing away at what the church has always believed: that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant word of the living God!
So when you think of our dig at Maqatir, see beyond each shovel full of dirt that is overturned in the hot soils of Israel….see instead that each artifact and each discovery is a weapon raised up against the assault on the Bible. When you pray for and give to the work of ABR you help us to carry on that important battle for truth!
We need your ongoing help in this task! Here are just a few of the tangible needs we have for the coming year:
- Every year new tools are needed on the field: wheelbarrows, shovels, and tools for our diggers: Gifts of $10 to $25 can go a long way in assisting us in the purchase of the tools and equipment we need!
- A new copying machine: $5,000
- 2 new laptop computers: $2,500
- Travel and housing costs for our ABR archaeological staff for the 2012 dig season: $10,000
- Pottery Neutron Activation Analysis (identifies the origination of the pottery found at Khirbet el-Maqatir): $1,000
As you can see the need is as small as a shovel and as large as sending one of our professional archaeological staff to the dig; as small as a hand trowel and as large as a new multi-purpose copying machine. If there is something on this list that you believe you could help with would you kindly let us know. And of course each gift we receive during the next few months can be targeted toward these current needs.
Thank you for your ongoing partnership with ABR as we uphold and defend the word of God! And thank you for your prayers and financial support of this ministry.
Standing on the Word of Truth,