Please visit www.digshiloh.org for the latest information
The Shiloh Excavations: Shiloh, Israel
(January 8, 2024) Dear Friends of the Shiloh Excavations,
The Shiloh Dig Staff of ABR continues to closely monitor the situation in Israel as we approach the 2024 excavation season at Shiloh. As of now, the season remains on schedule. We presently plan to make a final decision about the 2024 season on or before March 18, 2024. This allows for the possibility of a cease fire, a calmer political climate, and the (re)opening our Dig headquarters at the Ritz Hotel in Jerusalem. Many factors are in play, but we trust in God’s sovereignty.
New volunteers are welcome to register, but we ask that no payments be made until after March 18. We will post a note and email regarding deposits and payments going forward. All volunteers will be required to sign a liability waiver that addresses the current circumstances in Israel. We also recommend delaying the purchase of plane tickets until we make an official announcement.
We ask that you join us in prayer as we navigate the situation in Israel and discern the Lord’s will in this highly complex matter.
With thanks in Christ Jesus,
Henry B. Smith Jr., on behalf of the Shiloh Dig Staff