ABR Associate Dr. Douglas Petrovich has published his first book, The World's Oldest Alphabet: Hebrew as the Language of the Proto-Consonantal Script. For 150 years, scholars have puzzled over a series of early inscriptions, identifying some of the pictographic letters and translating a few of the Semitic words, but making little headway beyond that. Dr. Petrovich's new book solves the puzzle, demonstrating that this early proto-consonantal script was Hebrew, and successfully translating all of the disputed letters in 16 inscriptions dating from 1842 to 1446 BC. In addition, his translation of these inscriptions shows that three biblical people are named (Asenath, Ahisamach, and Moses), and demonstrates the far-reaching impact of early Israelite culture. The Associates for Biblical Research would like to congratulate Dr. Petrovich on his new book.
1. Order Doug's ground-breaking book: http://store.carta-jerusalem.com/forthcoming/734-the-worlds-oldest-alphabet-9789652208842.html
2. See a PDF sample: http://store.carta-jerusalem.com/Carta-preview/The%20World%20oldest%20alphabet%20Sample.pdf
3. View an online discussion forum on Academia.edu about Doug's book:
4. Fox News interview: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/12/05/hebrew-may-be-worlds-oldest-alphabet.html
5. Jerusalem Post article: http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Expert-claims-inscriptions-from-Egyptian-exodus-proves-Hebrew-is-worlds-oldest-alphabet-474718